Should shipping pay corporate tax?
By Justin Stares, editor, The Maritime Watch.
Ask a typical shipowner why he or she lumps for a certain flag and the answer is almost always: "It's a question of price and service".
If owners can't reach an administration on a Friday evening or over the weekend, that's a problem. It's a...
Denmark's Østergaard Nielsen, Jørgensen Hansen families notify freight forwarder sale
*updated* CMA CGM, HMM drop Algerciras box hub deal just days after European Commission notification
Minimum standards for seafarers: consolidated legislation
Brexit: EC rushes through entry summary declaration legislation
German EU Presidency shunts MRV, ETS negotiations into next year
EU clarifies rules for authorised economic operator status
Autonomous vessels: EC 'scoping' study to begin next year
Covid: France worries that Caribbean islands could be overwhelmed by sick cruise passengers
EMSA leads move towards remote RO inspections
- What happened to 'final judgment' for Filipino seafaring academies?
- DG MOVE making few allies with biofuels strategy
- Turkish Lloyd EU RO status firmly on the backburner
- Industry defending small size of R&D emissions fund proposal on grounds it is 'private money'
- Operators have been re-flagging to avoid Paris MoU ban
- Could the Netherlands follow Cyprus with 'green' tonnage tax modifications?
- Intra-EU-only ETS would be good news for UK ports
- Emissions trading: EC considering 50% limit on scope of non-EU legs
- Will Mediterranean emissions control area fall victim to economic crunch?
- Greek minister dodged question on Mediterranean emissions control area