Should shipping pay corporate tax?
By Justin Stares, editor, The Maritime Watch.
Ask a typical shipowner why he or she lumps for a certain flag and the answer is almost always: "It's a question of price and service".
If owners can't reach an administration on a Friday evening or over the weekend, that's a problem. It's a...
Facing a 24% year-end decline in sales, vehicle transporters eye new lockdowns with trepidation
Emissions trading: Dutch owners quiz government agency on outlook for maritime scheme, identify difficulties
'So-called' refugees on Italy's quarantine ferries could have been funded by the EU
*updated* EU recommendation: no quarantine for seafarers
Tirrenia: EC told Italy to recover more than Euro 37 million in illegal aid
Paris MoU planning to expand port state control to fishing vessels
Paris MoU: no progress on Albania, Montenegro membership; inspection data to be published
Baltic Sea states move towards unified biofouling rules
Red Ensign group flag added to EU tax black list
- Turkish Lloyd EU RO status firmly on the backburner
- Industry defending small size of R&D emissions fund proposal on grounds it is 'private money'
- Operators have been re-flagging to avoid Paris MoU ban
- Could the Netherlands follow Cyprus with 'green' tonnage tax modifications?
- Intra-EU-only ETS would be good news for UK ports
- Emissions trading: EC considering 50% limit on scope of non-EU legs
- Will Mediterranean emissions control area fall victim to economic crunch?
- Greek minister dodged question on Mediterranean emissions control area
- No ministerial support for shipping ETS at Hamburg 'green shipping' summit
- Emissions trading law heads to Parliament plenary amid radio silence from German EU Presidency