Should shipping pay corporate tax?
By Justin Stares, editor, The Maritime Watch.
Ask a typical shipowner why he or she lumps for a certain flag and the answer is almost always: "It's a question of price and service".
If owners can't reach an administration on a Friday evening or over the weekend, that's a problem. It's a...
*updated* Norway closes certain border crossing points 'to better control Covid mutations'
Even Greek owners are coming around to the inevitability of EU emissions trading
Viking Cruises to be 'jointly controlled' after EC approval of capital infusion
Emissions trading: EU shipowners call for 'phase-in period'
Country of official register or flag state? EU judges to determine risk jurisdiction
EC begins examination of BP / Sinopec merger
Post-Brexit seafarer social security entitlements 'still unclear'
Chinese auto exports to Europe rise despite market stagnation
Filipino authorities impose crew change ban
- MRV: EU Presidency not sure what to do with 'complex context'
- Zero emissions at berth: EC heading for 2030 target 'for certain ship types'
- EC 'wants to postpone review of state aid guidelines'
- Bunker fuel taxation: is the EC preparing a U-turn?
- EC planning to tighten ship waste legislation
- What happened to 'final judgment' for Filipino seafaring academies?
- DG MOVE making few allies with biofuels strategy
- Turkish Lloyd EU RO status firmly on the backburner
- Industry defending small size of R&D emissions fund proposal on grounds it is 'private money'
- Operators have been re-flagging to avoid Paris MoU ban