*NEW* The Maritime Watch Annual, now available to order as an e-book
The first edition of the Maritime Watch Annual is now available as a searchable e-book.
Over 600 pages of exclusive coverage from January 2014 to January 2017 have been chronologically arranged by theme: emissions; ports; state aid & taxation; classification; sanctions; passenger shipping; c...
EC approves Maersk/ Mitsui tanker deal
CLIA Europe: profitability has recovered to pre-crisis levels
EU owners fret about coming trade war
*updated* Seafarers trained in Oman set to receive Brussels blessing to work on EU-flagged fleet
Ten years after state aid recovery decision that Greece ignored, EU judges debate daily fines
EC unconcerned about mobile broadband frequency allocation interference claims
*updated* Will competitors adopt Maersk/ IBM blockchain technology?
Single windows: 13 Member States ask the EC not to mess it up this time
Norway tonnage tax extended to windmill supply and offshore vessels without EEA link in 'exceptional case'
- Boom time for some: cruise berths in European yards are full
- Luxury French operator Ponant 'now world's most profitable cruise line'
- *updated* EC drops mentions of 'consequences' for ROs post-Brexit; clarifies role of ROs in IMO data collection regime
- Asian states want to move IMO headquarters out of London
- Euro MPs surprised at industry Brexit shrug
- Corrupt Antwerp crane drivers 'earning Euro 50,000 drug bonus' per box move
- Mercosur 'final stretch' talks move to Paraguay
- EC request to inspect Chinese breakers' yards 'went to wrong Beijing official'
- EC evasive on China shipbreaking inspections amid accusations of 'overreach'
- ECSA unsure whether to consider Brexit an opportunity or a threat